Immigration Services


About Us
Contact Us

Non-immigrant Visas

Temporary Workers:
Employers who wish to hire foreign workers for temporary period for services or to receive training may file an I-129 petition. In most cases, workers who enter the United States under this petition must depart the U.S. when their maximum period of stay has been reached. Form I-129 may also be used to petition for an extension of stay or change of status for certain non-immigrants.

There are many categories of workers who are temporary visitors symbolized by letters which generally correspond to the visas issued by the State Department.

H-1B: Specialty Occupation

H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Workers

L-1: Intracompany Transferee

O-1: Extraordinary Ability

Immigration Links


Dept. of Labor
Dept. of State

Use of material provided on these pages is restricted. Obtain prior permission from the publisher of the site.
© 2006 - Law Offices of Sophy Thomas. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use & Disclaimer.