Immigration Services



Emplyment Based Immigrant Visa

Individuals who want to become immigrants based on the fact that they have permanent employment opportunity in the United States, and employers who want to sponsor someone for lawful permanent residency based on permanent employment in the United States have the following options to file for a Green Card:

  1. EB-1 Priority workers
    • Foreign nationals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
    • Foreign national that are outstanding professors or researchers
    • Foreign nationals that are managers and executives subject to international transfer to the United States

  2. EB-2 Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability
    • Foreign nationals of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
    • Foreign nationals that are advanced degree professionals
    • Qualified alien physicians who will practice medicine in an area of the U.S. which is underserved.
  3. EB-3 Skilled or professional workers
    • Foreign national professionals with bachelor's degrees (not qualifying for a higher preference category)
    • Foreign national skilled workers (minimum two years training and experience)
    • Foreign national unskilled workers
  4. EB-4 Special Immigrants
    • Foreign national religious workers
    • Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad
  5. EB-5 Immigrant Investors

Immigration Links


Dept. of Labor
Dept. of State

Use of material provided on these pages is restricted. Obtain prior permission from the publisher of the site.
© 2006 - Law Offices of Sophy Thomas. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use & Disclaimer.